Job Position : Strategic Sourcing Manager
Reporting to : Sourcing Director
Location: China, Asia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing electronic component in specific region and assists sourcing director in developing and implementing strategies, making improvements to existing sourcing arrangements.
- Actively pursue new sourcing opportunities within the Group to ensure a full sourcing pipeline for the years to come. ID market opportunities, develop and evaluate new suppliers.
- Working closely with suppliers, analyzing performance (accuracy, timeliness, cost) and taking corrective action, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers.
- Implements strategic sourcing initiatives with suppliers to achieve goals (quality, cost, availability, Time to Volume, and service) and make recommendations for operational efficiency, analyzing business strategies and propose suitable sourcing strategies in line with company policies.
- Lead sourcing teams and be responsible for strategic sourcing in close coordination with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Secure proper change management by involving key stakeholders in Strategic Sourcing Groups and ensure that identified savings are realistic and implement-able with a constant strive for savings pick-up.
- Participate in the continued development and growth of the sourcing organization and ensure constant coaching and development of your team members.
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience with preferred industry of secmiconductor or in electronics related manufacturers environment; including OEM, EMS (for example Flextronics, Jabil etc) and major franchised distributors (Avnet, Arrow, WPI) and etc.
- Four-years bachelor degree is a must with background of business related, or electronic engineering related etc. MBA or Master degree preferred.
- Native Chinese speaker preferred; Exceptional English written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional computer and Internet skills in windows, offices suites, and ERP/MRP preferred.
- Certificate of Supply Chain or Purchasing Manager or Overseas experience is a Plus.
- Strong leadership and team building skills and skilled at influencing others (at different levels of management) or Project management experience from larger project groups where leadership, communication and making decisive decisions is a key.
- Advanced strategic planning skills, strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Track record of strong sourcing experiences,BOM management and supplier mangement.
- Ability to work independently and with drive, self-starter and motivator.
What you expect
- Flexible working hours and Multi-national cuture environment.
- Moderate travel.
- A chance to develop his/her own job and expand the job responsibility.