Job Position : Sourcing Manager
Reporting to : Strategic/Senior Sourcing Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing electronic component in specific region and assists senior sourcing manager in developing and implementing strategies, discussing unacceptable price or services with suppliers to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Working closely with suppliers, analyzing performance (accuracy, timeliness, cost) and taking corrective action, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Verifies requisitions by comparing items requested by customer or in bill of materials and in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Responsible for developing Component sourcing strategies and recommendations, making improvements to existing sourcing arrangements.
- Responsible for supplier price negotiations (cost reduction, Net Payment Term), identifys and qualifies new suppliers; drives suppliers to develop process improvements to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Ability to manage a team of 1-3 buyers independently
- Minimum 5 years working experience with preferred industry of secmiconductor or in electronics related manufacturers environment; including OEM, EMS (for example Flextronics, Jabil etc) and major franchised distributors (Avnet, Arrow, WPI) and etc
- Four-years bachelor degree is a must with background of business related, or electronic engineering related etc.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional computer and Internet skills in windows, offices suites, and ERP/MRP preferred.
- Certificate of Supply Chain or Purchasing Manager is a Plus.
- Supplier management and Risk management skills; Market research and trend analysis skills
- Strong time management skills, multi-tasking capabilities and ability to work under pressure.
- Track record of strong sourcing experiences and extedning supplier relationship management.
View as PDF.